Using an air fryer to make hamburgers is a very understated way to spice up this classic. I also always love the hamburgers on the grill. But maybe you don’t have a barbecue or the weather is too hot/cold/stormy to grill outside.
This fantastic recipe defines what it’s like to try a hamburger. Not only are they easy to whip, but they’re also incredibly tasty and juicy – just like burgers should be. These deep fryer burgers require as little maintenance as possible, but they make a great meal any night of the week.
- Know your ingredients:
- Recipe, Ingredients, Tips and Nutritional information
Know your ingredients:
Before knowing the recipe, you should know the ingredients.
● Ground beef:
Ground beef is an easy way to incorporate protein into your diet and is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. It’s a key ingredient in many favorite foods, from burgers to meatballs. However, ground beef can be high in calories and saturated fat, and a high intake of red meat is not good for you. The key to incorporating it into your diet is moderation and portion size regulation.
Beef contains several B vitamins, including thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid (B9), and cobalamin (B12). These B vitamins and zinc, which are also found in beef.
– How to keep ground beef moist?
Burgers are best when they’re 80% lean beef because excess fat makes them moist and juicy. However, the extra fat is worth it. This adds many extra calories and saturated fat, which raises cholesterol. The following shows the difference between a quarter pound (4 ounces) burger made with 90% lean beef and a burger made with 80% lean beef:
Types of meat
80% lean ground beef
(4 ounces / 120 gram)
90% lean ground beef
(4 ounces / 120 gram)
● Garlic Powder:
Garlic powder has all the benefits of whole garlic as it is a powdered version of whole garlic. It adds nutrients to your diet. Garlic powder can be used in different ways, like:
- It is used to flavor meats and vegetables and adds flavor to snacks such as baked beans and popcorn.
- Garlic powder can be used in low-sodium cooking to create a lighter flavor.
- Garlic powder can be spread on bread to make garlic bread, roasted garlic, canapes, crostini, and bruschetta.
- Garlic powder is an excellent ingredient for dry massages and spice mixes.
- The oil is often enriched with garlic powder, used as a flavoring in bread, vegetables, and pasta.
- As a side dish, garlic powder is used to flavor tomato sauces, mayonnaise or sauces, salads, flavorings, spaghetti, stews, cucumbers, and many curry dishes.
– How to make garlic powder?
Garlic powder is made with the help of garlic cloves, which are dried and ground into fine particles. The taste is different from chopped garlic but still garlicky. It tastes sweeter and more explicit than new, and without the caramel scent you get from sautéed and roasted garlic.
● Onion powder:
Onions have a distinctive spicy flavor that includes sweet, sulfur, and a hint of garlic. Onion powder has this flavor but reduces heat. This aroma is the result of sulfur-rich essential oils. These are the same compounds that make us cry when we chop onions.
Onion powder is ideal for dishes that require the taste of onions, but not most onions themselves. It is popular for use in dry grills for roasts, dressings for salads, and soups.
– How to make onion powder at home?
It is straightforward, you need to dry onion bulbs first, then put them in the blender and blend until a powder is formed.
● Black pepper:
Black pepper is widely used in cooking around the world. It is often called “KING OF SPICES”. Black pepper and its active ingredient, piperine, can have increase antioxidants, increase the absorption of certain nutrients and beneficial compounds.
The amount of black pepper commonly used in cooking and additives up to 20 mg piperine appears safe. However, black pepper can increase drug absorption and be used with caution when combined with some medications. Black pepper is a flexible ingredient that can be added to various recipes, including meat, fish, eggs, salads, and soups. Available at most grocery stores.
– How to make black pepper powder?
Making black pepper at home is very fresh and will make your cooking taste extraordinary. Its use on your plate is very fresh and makes the dish delicious.
Its recipe is straightforward. Follow the following steps:
- Dry the peppercorns until they are roasted well.
- Cool completely.
- Grind until powder formed.
- Keep in a container.
● Worcestershire Sauce:
Worcestershire sauce is a fermented vinegar-based spice seasoned with anchovies, molasses, tamarind, shallots, garlic, and other spices. It is spicy and sweet, with a prominent vinegar taste. The most common form of Worcestershire sauce is not suitable for a vegetarian or vegan diet and cannot be used in honeycomb meat dishes. Worcestershire sauce can be used in a variety of ways during cooking or as a condiment. It is often used as an ingredient in marinades or brushing when grilling meat, fish, or poultry. It can be used for stewing, roasting, or frying vegetables. Worcester sauce can be used as a condiment for sandwiches and shellfish, or as a condiment for salads. Used in soups and stews to flavor and add seasonings.
– Recipe of Worcestershire sauce:
Worcestershire sauce doesn’t contain too many ingredients. It just includes ½ cup apple cider vinegar, 2tbsp low sodium soya sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp mustard powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and onion powder, 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder, and black pepper powder, and 2 tbsp water. Combine all the ingredients in a pan, stir well, and bring it to boul. Simmer for 1 minute, and Worcestershire sauce is ready.
Recipe, Ingredients, Tips and Nutritional information
Recipe: Juicy Air Fryer Hamburger
- 1 pound (500 gram) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (7g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (2.3g) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (2g) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 burger buns
- Regular cutting method:
- Heat the fryer to 360°F (200 °C)
- Put the raw minced meat in a bowl and add the spices.
- Use your hands (or fork) to bring everything together, then roll the mixture into a ball (still in the bowl).
- Cut the minced meat mixture into 4 equal parts and divide with the + sign.
- Select all the portions and make a burger.
- Place it in the pan and make sure you leave enough space to cook all the burgers (without touching them). You can do this in batches if needed.
- Bake for 16 minutes, scroll down the middle section. (Note: Bigger burgers may require you to cook more.)
- Pre-packaged hamburger method:
- Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl with a spoon and mix well.
- Pour a little Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. You may need a little more than a teaspoon (about 1.5 teaspoons) as some will stick to the brush.
- Place the burgers on a plate and brush (or spoon) a thin layer of Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle each burger on top, saving half of its 2 sides.
- Divide the dressing by hand for better adhesion.
- Heat the fryer to 360°F (200 °C)
- Remove the basket if it is preheated and place the seasoned patties face down in the basket.
- Station 2 side, now oriented as above.
- Place the basket in the deep fryer and cook for 16 minutes, turning halfway.
- This recipe can be prepared in the air fryer with a basket or in the deep fryer oven. If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack selecting the “Air Fry” function.
Prep. Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Total Time: 25mins
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
- alories from Fat 117
- Fat13g – 20%
- Saturated Fat 5g – 31%
- Sodium887mg – 39%
- Potassium440mg – 13%
- Carbohydrates23g – 8%
- Fiber 1g – 4%
- Sugar 3g – 3%
- Protein27g – 54%
- Vitamin C6mg – 1%
- Calcium88mg – 9%
- Iron1mg – 23%