The classic grilled steak, fried in a pan, is undoubtedly delicious, but you have to practice it to always get it. Baking steak in the oven is easier, but it doesn’t always get the crispy exterior you want. This is where the air fryer comes in.
Air frying combines simple cooking with all the specialties that need to be closed in a pan. The circulation of hot air quickly browns the steak and gives it golden edges that mimic charcoal. You don’t have to touch a hot boiler, worry about activating a smoke alarm, or dealing with an oil spill.
- Know your ingredients:
- ● Unsalted butter:
- ● Garlic clove
- ● Fresh parsley:
- ● Kosher salt:
- ● Sirloin steak:
- ● Fresh chives:
- ● Ground black pepper:
- Recipe, Ingredients, Tips and Nutritional information
Know your ingredients:
● Unsalted butter:
Butter is usually made from cow’s milk and consists mostly of fat. It usually contains about 80% of fat and the remaining 20% is water and solid milk.
Unsalted butter contains less salt. Low salted butter contains almost half of the salt of regular butter. Unsalted butter controls the overall flavor of your dish and enhances the real and natural flavor of your food.
– The difference in salted and unsalted butter?
Salted butter is butter that contains extra salt. Salt not only provides a salty taste but also acts as a preservative and extends the shelf life of the butter. Salted butter is perfect for rubbing on crunchy bread or for melting on homemade pancakes or waffles.
Unsalted butter contains no salt. It is considered to be the fresh form of butter. Unsalted butter has less shelf life than salted butter. If we talk about flavor, unsalted butter has more mellow sweetness than salted butter.
– Can I Substitute Salted Butter for Unsalted Butter?
Salted butter can be substituted for unsalted butter but the amount of salt should be reconsidered in the dish. Make sure that your dish doesn’t contain too much sodium.
● Garlic clove
Garlic cloves add flavor to the dishes. They contain sulfur and when it is chopped it provides food the aromatic flavor. Garlic cloves are rich in nutrients. They are the best immunity boosters. Garlic is a good source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, and selenium.
In this recipe, minced garlic is used.
– How to mince garlic clove?
The following steps should be followed to mince garlic cloves;
- First, you need to separate the clove from the bulb.
- Peel the clove.
- Slice the garlic clove lengthwise (slice thinner)
- Turn the clove to 90 degrees and slice again.
- Keep on slicing if you want thinner pieces.
● Fresh parsley:
Parsley is a herb used in dishes all over the world especially America, Europe, and the Middle East. It is used to enhance the flavor of dishes. It is a nutrient-rich herb. It is rich vitamins A, C, and K. it also has a large amount of potassium and magnesium.
Parsley is mainly used to garnish different dishes. Though it is a herb it can be used in egg bakes, sauces, and juices.
– How to chop parsley?
To chop parsley you need to follow some simple steps. First, wash and dry parsley. Keep it in the bundle, remove extra leaves from the stem, and cut the extra stem. Then chop coarsely and finely as per your dish requirements. If you want finely chopped parsley cut it in 90 degrees and run the knife twice or thrice on parsley.
To preserve parsley, seal it in a plastic bag or airtight jar and store it in a refrigerator.
● Kosher salt:
Kosher salt is similar to table salt but it doesn’t contain iodine. Both table salt and kosher salt are of the same size. Kosher salt has lightly larger crystals which give it a more realistic texture and are easier to adjust.
Table salt can be the substitution for kosher salt but be conscious about the amount. The calculations are like:
1tsp table salt = 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
Kosher salt is used in both herb butter and steak, so be careful about the amount you are adding.
● Sirloin steak:
The sirloin steak comes from the back of the beef and is available in two portions; top sirloin and bottom sirloin. The top sirloin is the softer cut. The bottom sirloin is less tender. Both types of fillets are very tender and fragrant and take advantage of the short cooking time. Sirloin can be made delicious by adding sauces or flavors in the dish.
● Fresh chives:
Chives are green vegetables with a light onion-like taste. They have a sharp cooking onion-like taste. People tend to use chives as a garnish for main dishes or salads. Chives are a great source of vitamin A and folate.
● Ground black pepper:
Black pepper is considered to be the best in all spices. It is widely used in cooking around the world. Piperine in black pepper increases the absorption of certain nutrients. The amount of black pepper commonly used in cooking and additives up to 20mg piperine appears to be safe. It is a flexible ingredient that can be added to a variety of recipes, including meat, fish, eggs, salads, and soups.
– How to grind black pepper?
Grinding black pepper at home can give an extraordinary flavor to your dish. It is simple to grind black pepper at home:
- Dry the peppercorns until they are roasted.
- Cool them completely.
- Grind in a grinder until powder form.
- Keep it in a dry container.
Recipe, Ingredients, Tips and Nutritional information
Recipe: Hot Juicy And Tender Air Fryer Steak With Herb Butter
- For the herb butter:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 toothpick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1.6g) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon (3g) of chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) of freshly ground black pepper
- For the steak:
- 1 pound (500 gram) sirloin steak with bone
- 1 teaspoon (4g) of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (4g) of freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Make the Herb Butter: Put 4 tablespoons (14g) of unsalted butter in a small bowl and let stand at room temperature to soften. Meanwhile, mince 1 small garlic clove. Finely chop until you have 1 tablespoon (1.6g) of fresh parsley leaves and 1 tablespoon of fresh chives.
- Add the garlic, parsley, chives, 1/4 teaspoon (1g) kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon(1g) black pepper to the softened butter and porridge and mix with a rubber spatula until the everything is well mixed. Scrape the butter on a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap it around a 2-inch log with the tip of a bench scraper or metal whale knife to form a narrow cylinder. Twist the ends of the clear foil to tighten the log, tie each end in a knot, and place in the refrigerator until set, at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the steak: set the air-conditioned pan to 400 ° F(205 ° C) and let it heat for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steaks.
- Season the second season steaks with 1 teaspoon(4g) of kosher salt and 1 teaspoon (4g) of black pepper.
- Coat the frying basket with cooking spray. Using tongs, transfer the fillets to the frying basket in a single layer.
- Air fry, halfway through cooking, for a total of 11 to 13 minutes, rarely. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. The densest part of the steak should register 140°F (75°C).
- If the steaks are not at the desired temperature, continue to air fry and check the temperature in 2-minute increments.
- Arrange the fillets on 2 plates and let them rest for 5 minutes. Discard the plant and cut it into 4 slices. Butter the steaks and serve immediately.
- Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Herb butter can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Prep. Time: 20mins
Cook Time: 15mins
Total Time: 35mins
Yield: 2 servings
Nutrients per serving:
- 301 calories
- 23g fat
- 0.0g carbohydrates
- 23g protein
- 88mg cholesterol
- 1111mg sodium