If you’re looking for an easy page to go with your veggie burgers this weekend, these fries are perfect for you!
In many ways, they look like regular fries. They’re crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and sprinkled with an invincible layer of salt. However, there is a fundamental difference between deep-frying and air-frying: a light drop of oil is enough to make the potatoes crisp in an air tray. It makes these chips much lighter than usual.
They only need 3 basic ingredients and cook them without time. From the deep fryer, they are hot, crispy, and addictive.
Let’s learn about the ingredients used in French fries.
Potatoes are used worldwide in different dishes. It is rich in nutrients like fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Potatoes can be divided into three categories: waxy, starchy, and those in-between.
The smoother potatoes are the waxy ones. The waxier, smoother texture makes them hold their shape while cooking. They are excellent for dishes like potato salad, potato soup, and when you want to boil or slice them. They are less suited for baking and frying.
If you want to bake or fry potatoes you should use starchy ones. potatoes are great for baking and frying. For cooking they are less suited because of their starch they fall apart quickly. For baking or frying, this is an advantage as they are more absorbent. They are also the most suitable potato if you want to make mashed potatoes.
The in-between potatoes have like the name suggests a little bit from both. If you want to purchase potatoes for more dishes this is the safest option. They can be used for most dishes.
– How to store potatoes?
Potatoes should be stored in dry, and dark places under the temperature of 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit. They shouldn’t be stored around onions as they both emit natural gases that damage each other.
Fresh potatoes have a shelf life of about 2 months.
● Garlic Powder:
Garlic powder is used for flavor in cooking. A teaspoon of garlic powder is often used in different dishes. Some recipes like Parmesan Garlic Fries has a heavy amount of garlic like almost 2 tbsp garlic powder and garlic salt as well.
Garlic is a good source of nutrients but most of these nutrients aren’t present in garlic powder. Percentage of different nutrients in 2tbsp of garlic powder is:
– How to make Garlic powder at home?
Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Place garlic slices under sun or dehydrator racks without overlapping. When it is fully dried add garlic in the blender and blend it until a fine powder is formed.
If you want to use garlic in any other form the calculations are like:
- 1 clove = 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 clove = 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 clove = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 clove = 1/2 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1 clove = 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 clove = 1/2 teaspoon garlic juice
● Salt and pepper:
Salt is an essential component in cooking. It provides flavor in many dishes. It is usually available over the counter or in the kitchen as free-flowing table salt, rock salt, sea salt, or kosher salt. High levels of salt or sodium are hidden in everyday foods, from fast food to frozen chicken.
Pepper, whose specialty is the piperine alkaloid they contain. These compounds stimulate the secretion of gastric juices, aid in digestion, and facilitate the absorption of nutrients in the body. Although salt is often criticized, it is still essential for the body to function properly. Promotes, cures skin, joint and respiratory diseases.
You can use the oil of your choice. All cooking oils can’t be used in the same way as they have different temperatures and shelf life.
- Coconut oil is preferred to use as Coconut oil fats are more easily converted into energy than other fats. It boosts your metabolism, reduces appetite, and helps you lose weight.
- The extra virgin olive oil is an important part of the Mediterranean diet as it is high-quality olive oil that represents the true taste of olives. Unlike many olive oils, it is not affected by chemicals or heat and contains more natural vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado oil is the most preferable oil to be used in this recipe. Unlike many oils that are extracted from the seeds, avocado oil is made from the same creamy ingredients that guacamole makes.